The day that I was dreading so much has finally arrived...n all my worries before were actually unnecessary because the interview went on quite well n definitely not as stressful as I thought...so yea...wootssss
I guess having people's skills and the ability to talk nonsense does help afterall...who says being funny n talking rubbish is NOT a skill??now suck on tht u suckas.... tht is, if i got this job offer laaa HAHA...k watever
Different sectors have different ways of interviewing I think....since RE is such a "people" thing, having the ability to talk is definitely one of the major PLUSSSS...unlike say, Engine or Science or IT that test you on ur knowledge of that particular field during the interview...
Well welcome to the world of RE where the interview process goes like this....
I walked into the room with three directors....n I was like all friendly going all "Helloooo hi hi hi" only to feel like an idiot after tht because they didnt respond to me n thts when i realised tht "OH FML wrong move".
Sat down directly in front of them trembling like crazy coz I thought I had a bad start...but then the guy was like "Alexis...who gave u this name?"...in my mind i was thinking "WTF"...but then I relaxed n talked to them as if they are my BFFs...."Oh I gave myself this name, my parents gave me another name but I didnt like it"....."Whats your original name?"..."Erm lets not talk about tht, if not I wouldnt have given myself another name right?"....HAHAHA...ok they really laughed ok so the HAHAHA is real...wtf
Then he asked even more nonsense stuff like "Oh ur from KL...surname NG, teochew right?wah can speak canto!"....n i was like "yea uhuh my family migrated to KL since I was young n we settled there but were originally from Malacca blablablabla........"
"Oh my wife's from Malacca too!"...."Oh n u seemed very active....play many sports.."
"Yeah I play soccer"...."SOCCER???" *all 6 eye balls almost pop out* funniest moment ever I swear....
Then more n more irrelevant stuff like..."Oh so wats the difference between Msian n Sporean guys"....n i was like WTF???then i couldnt think of anything i just blurted out "Oh sporean guys are more poser-ish while Msian guys are more geek-ish"...LOL LOL LOL....loves it
HAHAHAHA ok overall the interview was more like a chitchatting session....so funny OMG....but I think they liked me thts y HAHAHA so zhi lian loves it....well of course there are SOME RE related stuff such as standard ques like "WHy choose our company, what are ur long term plans etc"...but I swear 80 percent of the time we were just going on n on about my hall life, my friends, my hobbies, my family ETC......so fun pls.
They actually had few of the directors interviewing us at the same time....so in the other room, my other vietnamese friend had her interview as well....towards the end, she was like "OMG so scary etc etc....they asked me weird ques like if you are driving on a highway n saw a handsome guy, a doctor n a sick person who will u pick up?".....the funny thing was not the question...the funny thing was, she got freaked out by the ques!!!!!WTF HAHAHA..i would totally answer "HANDSOME GUY"....n thats how u stand out!but no, she chose the "sick person" POTONG stimmmmm.....
towards the end, i found out tht my interviewer is actually the Chairman of the company....the most BIG shot one!...loves it....n he was the one talking nonsense to me all the time...HAHAHAHA.....n he looked very pleased towards the end....n I kept telling them tht my grades arent as good as compared to my peers but it wasnt a good excuse to say tht hall life made me distracted etc....n he was like "We are looking beyond grades, it doesnt really matter when it comes to the real world...etc etc"......he just gave me a BIG FAT HOPE there!!!POWWW
At the end of the day, I dont really care about the outcome...doesnt matter if Im not shortlisted but at least I had my first interview n a good starting ground.....keep em' comin' I'd say!