Sunday, 20 June 2010

My dearest Daddy



Today is Father's Day n Im not able to wish my daddy coz Im away from home having the time of my life with my friends...yes i felt extremely guilty~

Being home again this holiday made me realized how much older my Daddy has become n how mature I've grown to want to "take over" my parents role as the pillar of support for the family....

My dad is 57 this year, which is retirement age for most of the ppl but he is still going around doing his contractor jobs under harsh and dirty conditions, sometimes dealing with very difficult ppl who often made him suffer losses n ended up upset and angry....Being a freelance contractor and not being highly educated, there is only so much he could do in terms of his job scope thus he always tries to make the best out of it.

To be honest, my mum has always been the one supporting all my miscellaneous expenses as well as my university fees because my dad earns just enough for daily family necessities and nothing more than that....however,our dining table was NEVER empty and is constantly cluttered with lots of food as my dad thinks that the least he could do as the head of the family is to ensure that we constantly have food in our stomachs.
to me, it is more than enough and I love him regardless of what he could provide us as deep down inside I know that he always tries his very best to give us everything tht we wanted even if its beyond his financial capabilities...

The last I saw him was last tues morning when he sent me off to take a bus back to Spore.....As i sat in his very old van, I was saddened by the fact that my old daddy has to drive around in this vehicle with a SPOILED aircon under the scorching heat just to put food on the table for all of us...Before I got down n bidded goodbye to him, he gave me two rm100 notes n said "Nah darlin', here's some money for u, daddy dont have much money left coz i havent been receiving jobs lately so this is all i can give u".....The moment he said that, my heart sank so deep that I didnt even want to take his money but I know that he wouldnt rest if he thinks that i dont have enough to spend so I took it and thanked him.

With that, I know that this is the turning point for us and vowed to give my Daddy the best that he deserves in the future once I step into the work force... I want my Daddy to sit back n relax just like any other men his age would...I want him to enjoy driving a nice sedan car around doing watever he wants without worrying about meeting ends....I want him to get on his very first flight on a beautiful vacation while enjoying his beer...I want him to get the best medical attention for his health condition....Most of all, I want him to be proud of his daughter and even prouder himself to have raised me up to be the woman that he wants me to be....of course i know that the only return he wants from me is to be able to see me home more often, something tht I am not able to do because of me studying n working in Spore..
He has never placed any high expectations upon his children, be it studies or work....he has never pressure us into things that we are not happy with...he gives us everything we wanted even if its beyond his might because he doesnt want us to feel inadequate when compared to others....He never expects any returns from us in the future but all he ask from us is "to have dignity in life and never cheat or steal to get things done"....he did everything simply because he is the GREATEST father on earth and I will cherish and love him til the day I perish from this world.....

Its not because he is my father therefore I have an obligation to take care of him but because I know he will be the only MAN in my life that will LOVE me like no other man would... his LOVE for the family is so much more valuable than all the ferraris, LVs and bungalows because it is simply priceless.

To my dearest Daddy, I hope that U will live on forever to enjoy the finest things in life that I promise to give you!I will make you proud Daddy!






HAPPY FATHERS DAY, I LOVE YOU DADDY!